Besides the standard general business terms of ACTIVE 24, s.r.o. (the provider), the operation of the Virtual Private Server (VPS) service is governed by these supplementary conditions:
1. The provider is liable for the running of the VPS and its connectivity. The provider is liable for the OS or applications which are part of the VPS service. It is not liable for the content of the VPS, for correct licensing of the operating system used by the customer or applications operated by the customer. If the customer damages the operation system through its interference, it may reinstall the VPS via the Customer Centre and restore the default settings of the server.
2. Applications operated on the VPS server are fully under the administration of the customer. The providor is not liable for their correct running and does not monitor them.
3. The provider regularly creates backups of the VPS servers, but cannot guarantee the consistency of such obtained data. In particular, the backups of databases and other data saved in binary may be inconsistent. If the customer considers the data on its server to be important, it should ensure its own correct and periodical backup. The provider may create an FTP account with adequate space for this purpose.
4. The customer is obliged to secure its VPS against third-party misuse. In particular, administrator access to the server must be protected by a strong password (or key), and ideally have firewall restricted to source IP addresses. In the event of third-party misuse of the server (typically dissemination of spam, installation of phishing, activity within a botnet, hacker attacks, etc.), the customer is obliged to cooperate immediately in terminating such server activity or removing the defective content. In this case, the provider is authorised to limit the provided service (e.g. by blocking selected network traffic or intervening in the server content). If the customer does not cooperate in an immediately removal of the problem, the provider may suspend operation of the entire VPS.
5. The provider performs servicing of physical servers, preferably without interruption to the operation of the VPS. If this procedure cannot be maintained or would be inefficient, the may put the VPS in sleep mode and then awaken or restart it. However, such intervention is always planned during the “off-peak” period (typically during the night) and if they are not notified in advance, will not take longer than 30 minutes. For these reasons, the customer sets the applications operated on the server to start automatically without any problems after a potential restart.Overview of VPS services