This guide will show you how to add contacts in Office 365.
Watch the video tutorial here.
IMPORTANT: There is a difference between My Contacts and Shared contacts.
- My Contacts can only be seen in the account they are created. If you add a contact to your account, no other user can see or use this contact.
NOTE: The same goes for distribution groups. Only administrators can view those.
- Shared Contacts can be seen by all Office 365 users. If you add a contact to your account, all Office 365 users can see or use this contact.
1. Log on to Microsoft Online Portal.
2. Click on People.
3. My Contacts will show your personal contacts.
NOTE: These contacts are only visible when you are logged in to this account.
4. All users will show you all contacts of your entire Office365 account within your organisation.
5. All Contacts will show your Shared contacts.
NOTE: These can be used and seen from all of you Office365 accounts within your organisation.
6. To create a new personal contact > click new.
7. Choose create contact.
8. Enter in the requiered fields with information for the new personal contact > Click save.
NOTE: To add additional information, click the plus signs.
To create a shared contact
9. Click Admin > Exchange.
IMPORTANT! If you cannot find the Admin button> you need to change the type of your account:
10. In the tabs, choose contacts.
11. Click the plus sign (+) > choose Mail contact.
12. Enter in the contact information > click save.
13. Navigate back to People > select All contacts.
NOTE: Verify that your new Shared contact is added.
You have now added contacts in your Office 365 account.