This guide will show you how to set up an office 365 Kiosk Licence with Outlook 2010.
1. Open Outlook 2010.
NOTE: In the Microsoft Outlook 2010 Startup Wizard (Auto Account setup), click Next and on the E-mail account page,click Next again to set up an e-mail account. If the Startup Wizard doesn´t appear automatically, click File on the Outlook 2010 toolbar and click Add Account.
2. Click Manually configure server settings or additional server types, and then Next.
3. In Choose Service, select Internet E-mail, and click Next.
4. On the Internet E-mail Settings page, provide the following information:
Your Name: the name you want to display when you send e-mail from this account.
E-mail Address: full e-mail address.
Account Type: POP3.
Incoming mail server (POP): pop.outlook.com
Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtp.outlook.com
User Name: full e-mail address.
Password: enter your password.
NOTE: If you want Outlook to remember your password, select Remember password.
5. Click More Settings and go to Outgoing Server:
select My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication and
Use same settings as my incoming mail server.
6. Go to Advanced and fill in:
Incoming server (POP3): select SSL.
Outgoing server (SMTP): select TLS and click OK.
To keep a copy of your messages on the server:
Choose Delivery, click Leave a copy of messages on the server and click OK.
NOTE: If you don't select this option, all messages will be removed from our mailserver and ONLY stored locally on your computer.
6. On Add New Account, click Next. After Outlook 2010 tests your account, click Close.
7. On Congratulations page, click Finish.
8. On Account Settings page, click Close.
9. Congratulations! Your Office 365 Kiosk Licence has now been set up on your Outlook 2010.
More information: about how to use Outlook 2010, see: Help documentation in Outlook 2010.