Change registrar for a .fi domain name without registrar
This FAQ explains how to change registrar for a .fi domain name without registrar.
A domain name holder needs a registrar transfer key to transfer its domain name to another registrar. For .fi domain names, it can happen that there is no registrar for the holder's domain name. This guideline shows how to transfer such a .fi domain.
Request a transfer key without existing registrar:
1. The domain name holder contacts the old registrar to change registrars.
2. If the .fi domain does not have a registrar, the domain name holder fills in this contact form
to request the authorization code at FICORA:
- In Select subject area: choose “.FI domain name”.
- In Fi domain name: choose “Switching Registrars”.
- Click “Continue to the Contact Form”.
- Fill in contact information.
- Click “Continue” to go to “Preview” and check the information.
- Click “Continue” to go to “Confirmation” and send the contact form.
3. FICORA sends the auth.code to the domain name holder within 5 working days after an authorised request. The domain name registrar may contact the holder to confirm that the authorization is valid.
4. After receiving the code, the domain name holder gives it to the registrar of its choice and the registrar places the domain name under its management.