This guide will show you how to install Office 365 email on an Android Phone.
1. Go to Start, click on App list- Settings- Select Email.
Note: This application may be named Mail on some versions of Android.
2. Type in your login details (full email address and password) and click Next.
For example: firstname.lastname@example.org, XXXXXXX
3. Select Exchange account.
Note: This option may be named Exchange ActiveSync on some versions of Android.
4. Enter the below account information and click Next.
Note: On some versions of Android, you will need to use the domain\username format.
a. Domain/Username: domain + full e-mail access (for example: contoso.com\email@example.com)
or Domain: leave blank
Username: full e-mail access (for example: firstname.lastname@example.org).
b. Password: your password.
c. Exchange Server: Use the address of your *Exchange server.
(*To find the Server Name see below for instructions).
5. Your Android Phone will now start to verify the server settings.
The Account Options screen will display several options:
Note: The account options depend on the version of the Android phone.
a. E-mail checking frequency
The default value is Automatic (push) which sends email directly to your phone as it arrives.
Note: We recommend only selecting this option if you have an unlimited data plan.
b. Amount to synchronise
Select this option to decide the amount of mail to keep on your mobile phone.
You can choose from several lenght options: One day,Three days or One Week.
c. Notify me when e-mail arives
Select this option to get notifications on your phone when you receive a new e-mail message.
d. Sync contacts from this account
Select this option to synchronize your contacts between your mobile phone and e-mail account.
6. Select Next and type your account name and username (display name). Select Done.
7. Congratulations! Your Office 365 email account has been set up on your Android Phone.
Note: After you have set up your account, please wait 15 minutes before sending or receiving email.
Finding the Server Name
To determine your server name, take the following steps:
1. Sign in to your account using Outlook Web App.
2. In the Outlook Web App toolbar click Help- about.
3. Under External Pop Settings, use one of the following server name values:
a. Server name in Outlook format: podxxxxx.outlook.com
Exchange ActiveSync server name: m.outlook.com.
Note: If your Android device experiences connection problems using m.outlook.com,
go to About - Hostname and under hostname use Exchange ActiveSync as the server name.
- If the Server name shows outlook.office365.com, your Office 365 account is on the latest version of Office 365, and you can use outlook.office365.com as your Exchange ActiveSync server name.
- If the Server name value is in the format podxxxxx.outlook.com, your Office 365 or other Exchange Online account is not yet the latest version of Office 365, and you can use m.outlook.com as your Exchange ActivSync server name.
- If the Server name value includes your organisation´s name, for example pop.contoso.com,
then your Exchange ActiveSync server name is contained in address bar in your browser when you are signed in to Outlook Web app- but without the leading http:// and withou the trailing /owa. For example:
Login Outlook Web App: http://mail.contoso.com/owa
Exchange Active Sync server name: mail.contoso.com