This guide will show you how to create distribution groups in Office 365.
There are three different types of distribution groups that can be created:
* Personal distribution groups (used ONLY by account they are created in)
* Internal distribution groups (used ONLY by all users within the organization)
* Public distribution groups (used by ANYONE internal or external)
When using one of these groups, you can send emails to multiple recipients or a project team without having to insert each email individually.
1. Log in as administrator on Microsoft Online Portal.
NOTE: No Administrator account? Check this guide first:
2. Click on People.
4. Click New (+) to create a new Distribution Group.
Option 1: Create a new PERSONAL distribution group
Personal distribution groups can only be accessed by the account they where created in.
5. Click New (+).
6. Click on Create group.
Option 2: Create a new INTERNAL distribution group
Internal distribution groups can only be accessed only by all users within the organization.
For example: to create a newsletter for internal organization use only.
14. Use + (the plus sign) to add group owners and -members.
15. Select if group members should be able to join or leave as they want. Click Save.
Option 3: Create a new PUBLIC distribution group
Public distribution groups can be accessed by anyone inside and outside the organization.
For example: use firstname.lastname@example.org to send an email to all members.