Get a Mobile-Friendly WebsiteEmbrace the move, and provide a great visitor experience to users no matter the device. Try these 5 easy tips to help you optimise your website for mobile.
1. Use a responsive templateChoose a mobile-friendly site builder like Active24 My Website Premium, to create your website. The mobile publishing feature lets you publish your website for optimal viewing on the web.
- A mobile responsive template will automatically adapt your website to any screen size be it PC, tablet or phone.
- Font sizes will scale automatically to match screen size, providing an optimal reading experience.
- Picture widgets automatically resize images, removing the need to zoom.
2. Simplify the navigationKeep the mobile site clean and simple, so visitors can find what they want quickly. Vertical navigation and drop down menus make it easier to scroll around, compared to horizontal navigation. Use large clickable call to action buttons, the generally recommended size for a button starts at 44 pixels wide x 44 pixels tall. Leave some space around the button to minimise the challenge facing large fingers and tiny keyboards.
A great way to check how your website will look on different devices is with Screenfly. Here you can see how different devices view your website.
4.Keep content short and sweetMobile screens are much smaller than your desktop. Try to condense the text on your mobile website by telling a stronger story with fewer words. Include the essentials needed to keep the reader informed, and for further information link to your full site. Include a link on each page that allows visitors view the original full version of the site.
5. Make it easy to get in contactVisitors using there smart phones to look at your website are most likely on the go. Highlight your most important information such as opening hours, contact number, booking details and how to get to your nearest location.
Utilise mobile functionality such as Click-to-call to allow users to call you, with just one tap on the screen. Use a location map with GPS functionality, so visitors can easily get directions to your business from wherever they are.
To get a full checklist on your website, login to Google Webmaster Tools. You will receive a report showing recommended improvement areas for your website.
Click here for a free trial of Active 24 My Website Premium to see how easy it is to create and publish a mobile responsive website.